Sunday, July 25, 2010

Product Reviews and Tips!!!!

K - First, I must say there has been a tragedy with my beauty products.  My body frosting was thrown away.  I know...it's awful.  I am in mourning.  Saving up for a replacement, but I am going to look less...glowy for a few weeks.  My back-up plan is Precious Gold by Bare Escentuals.
I don't love it like I love the body frosting, but it will do.  There are some obvious differences.  It is a loose powder that applies with a brush.  That means there is less coverage than with the body frosting; it does not work like a bronzer the way the honey glow does.  It also has more of a glittery look.  I still don't think it screams teen glitter queen, but it is more obvious than the body frosting.  Body frosting transforms my skin...it covers and glows.  This just has a radiant glitter.  Different look but both bump up your skin's look.




Alright...on to new product reviews.  Tonight:  the maxi dress and a girl's best friend - lip gloss!


I LOVE a good maxi dress.  They are easy and comfortable...a great way to get a dressy casual look that takes no work to put together.  They can also be very flattering.  Here are 2 examples of a maxi dress...1 is a good example and 1 I would encourage every one to stay away from.  Let's see if you can figure it out as I give you some maxi hints.  The key to a maxi dress is the drape of the dress.  If it doesn't have a good flow, it will look boxy and make you look like a column.  The thing that makes a maxi flattering is the empire waist.  It should drape and flow from that point instead of going straight down.  That definitely has to do with the fabrication of the dress.  If the dress is made of jersey or, like, t-shirt material, it will have drape.  If the dress is made out of "blouse material," it will have structure which is good in a blouse and so not good in a maxi.  Also, a maxi dress is probably not for you if you are trying to look tall.  I don't happen to care.  I am so short that I am not fooling anyone.  I strongly advise wearing flats...flip flops, really, with a maxi dress; first, by definition a maxi dress should cover your feet and, second, a maxi dress is not meant to be a gown.  Did you figure out that the second one is a no-no?  It puffs out from the empire waist and is made from a linen-cotton blend which equals no flow.  I own the first one in several colors (Old Navy).  Shop wisely, but a maxi dress is tons of fun.




Alright, I know I am not going to change many minds on this one.  Every girl has her favorite lip product.  This is mine.  Honestly, I am not a lip person.  I spend my time on my eyes and keep all my lipsticks and glosses in my purse and mostly forget to put them on.  BUT this gloss is amazing.  It is not sticky or tacky which is my biggest gloss pet peeve.  The color pigmentation is great.  The colors are true to the color you see (which is not always the case).  The gloss transforms my lips.  It makes them pillowy soft.  They feel healthy and kissable.  It also smells like glazed donuts...yummy!  Speaking of yummy, it is 100% natural so no harm in eating it!  There are tons of colors to choose from.  Some of my favorites are chiffon, jelly roll (super bold color), sugared strawberries, and sugar plum.  Having multiple favorite colors brings up a good point.  Don't get in a rut with your lips.  Especially, if you are in a lipstick rut.   Everyone should be wearing a good gloss...if not instead of lipstick, definitely in addition to your lipstick.  Lipstick can be very heavy and drying.  Lighten it up.  Also, your lip color should balance out your face, if you do a dark eye, wear a light lip color.  If you go light on the eye, punch up the lip color...which doesn't necessarily mean dark, dark just  more noticeable...it could be a coral or pink - just bright.  Pulling off a dark lipstick is tough stuff.  It tends to wash you out.  Mix it up!  Make-up is so much fun to play with and lip gloss is an easy, cheap way to play!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And now I want to wear a maxi dress and eat some lip gloss and body frosting.