Monday, July 5, 2010

Conviction in Prayer

So, I am going to try to be honest about how I feel without telling anyone else's story.  My goal is to not share things someone might not already know.  If you read it...it is not a secret. 

I have two friends who are in similar situations with very different circumstances and details.  These two friends are very dear to me.  I care deeply about both of them.  One is a heart friend...she is someone my heart instantly connected with.  We were supposed to be friends.  In a short time, there was just tons of depth to our relationship.  The other is integral to my marriage.  He means a lot to my husband.  He has made Troy's life better.  Our relationship is really great as well.  We have a lot in common and he knows more about me than most of my girlfriends.  All that to say, I really want them to be happy but, more importantly, I really want God's best for both of them. 
The similar situation is troubled marriage that has the potential to end.  Like I said, the circumstances are drastically different...not even in the same field of thought.  What I am finding about myself is that I am praying hard for him and his marriage but while praying hard for her...it is hard to pray for her marriage.  I don't know either spouse well and have not had a positive opinion of either for the most part.  Not that that matters.  God's Word is clear on marriage.  I believe His ways are true and right even if they aren't easy.  I don't know what my problem is...why I have prayed over and over for reconciliation, restoration and healing for him but am praying truth, wisdom and guidance for her.  I firmly believe that God can heal both marriages.  There is nothing He can't do.  I guess, it is just in the shortsightedness of my vision, I don't see it.  I am praying God with correct my vision and my prayers.  Show Yourself mighty, Sweet Savior.

No comments: