Saturday, August 2, 2008

Friendships

You know, I serve a God of restoration. I am glad that I do. I am glad that friendships can be restored. My mom used to tell my brother and I (usually when we were arguing) that friends would come and go, but we would always be family. The church is a family. We go through things that, sometimes, aren't pretty. But we will always be family. We are all the children of God. A God of restoration.
Speaking of restored friendships...
I am in the nursery on Wednesday nights with a fun toddler...usually, it is just us. We often struggle with whose job it is to pick up the blocks that he has dumped all over. This happened a few weeks ago...

Jeremy: "Miss Kelly, I'm dirty."

Me: "Okay, let's change you."

Jeremy: "I've got to put it in the toilet."

Me: "Um, no"

Jeremy: "That's what I do at my house."

Me: "Well, this is God's house."

Jeremy: "He needs to come clean up the blocks then."

Nice...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that story! . . . and I'm thankful for restored friendships, too.