Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

So, it is the first day of school for all three Borst babies for the first time. I volunteered at the church until Ian was finished, which helped a lot with nerves. Abigail is in second grade. Nathanael is in first grade. Ian is starting pre-shcool. I am really happy with the kid's teachers. Abby has Nate's teacher from last year, who we loved with Nate and think is just what she needs after a rough year last year. Nathanael did not get Abby's teacher from last year, which is so important. I was able to talk to Nate's teacher for awhile on Friday. I really like her, but she is pregnant and leaving in October. Nathanael does not do well with change, but I am confident that this can be a great chance to see that change can be smooth and good. Ian is just ready. We really like where we have him, and he had a great first day. I hope this is a great start to a fantastic year.

Quote of the week:

The boys were excited about school...but Abby...not so much.

Abby: Mom, have you heard of something called home school.

Me: uuhh, yeah

Abby: I want to be home schooled so I can sleep-in.

yeah...I'll get right on that...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah---you should definitely homeschool!!! ha!