Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Special Moment


I am all about Beloved Disciple right now!

Beth is talking about Jesus appearing to the disciples in the upper room after the resurrection. Picture this:

Somehow I imagine young John's eyebrows pinned to his hairline, eyes as big as saucers. I think he probably froze until the love of Christ melted him like butter. I wonder if he broke out in such a toothy grin that Jesus wanted to laugh.

We read the Bible with such a reverent detachment. It is interesting to really imagine these scenes as they might have happened.

I chuckle as I think about this scene because I can imagine it so clearly now. My mind automatically thinks about how often I have seen something similar with my dad and my children. Papaw will show Abigail, Nathanael, or Ian something they have never seen or done before. Their amazement is palpable, and he just chuckles. It warms my heart to think Jesus had those kind of dear moments.

No comments: